Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Facebook addiction

A couple of weeks ago, some old college friends came into town to deliver their son to our alma mater. A big group of us met for dinner and had a wonderful time revisiting our wild and crazy college days. The biggest topic of discussion was Facebook and how much fun it was to network and reconnect.

So, over the last 3 or 4 weeks, I've been absolutely obsessed with Facebook. I checked out Facebook for Dummies from my local library and learned how to use it fairly well. Even put up some family photos. Then, last week, the whole thing was updated to a new version and I am utterly lost again. So frustrating! It was finally feeling familiar.

Still, it's as much fun as ever and a total time-waster. Random comments and discussions, status updates, photo posting -- it can eat a huge chunk of time. And I'm loving every minute of it.

2 comments:

QueenBee said...

At your suggestion, I'm on Facebook too...but unlike you, I absolutely hate it! I didn't read up on it and I just have a hard time navigating while on it. I only check it when I have a friend invite or message. But I am glad you're enjoying it.

pastgrace said...

Hey! Queenbee! I'm like you. Don't see the charm in it. In fact I let this guy I grew up with on as my friend... now I'm inundated with his suggestions for adding friends. Quite frankly if I went to school with any of these people I don't remember them.