Wednesday, June 06, 2007

That voodoo that you do

Ever feel like someone's made a voodoo doll of you and is using it to conjure painful and often inexplicable situations for their sick pleasure? Yesterday, I found a strange object near my desk, some kind of metallic thing with string wrapped around it. If I viewed it from a certain angle, it looked a bit like my figure. Okay, a primitive stick figure, but still. RadCat examined it and agreed it looked ominous, perhaps even Voudoun. Also, I think a patch of my hair is missing.

Why voodoo, you ask?

  • I've been having vivid dreams and a terrible time getting into a deep sleep.
  • I stumbled over Sport's shoes and knocked off my little toenail.
  • Time has slowed down at work. A simple 8-hour day seems to last at least 10-11 hours.
  • I was working in my garden the other day and a white dove landed right next to me, walked over very boldly and pecked my shoe. It even hopped into my hand. That's just not right.
  • Everyone is getting on my nerves. Everyone.

You're probably thinking my voodoo curse ought to be a little more dramatic: pet dogs howling in the corner when I walk by, children weeping and channeling hostile spirits, husband coughing up a couple of serpents and then frying them up for our evening meal. It's not gotten to that point yet.

Probably just a matter of time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man! Take some drugs!

pastgrace

Anonymous said...

Or stop taking them.

Anonymous said...

Or take some different ones!

RadCat

Anonymous said...

Sleeplessness = menopause
Clumsiness = menopause
Hair loss = menopause
Easily agitated = menopause
White dove = well, that's just not right.